Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Day Seven -- First Accident Free Night!

Night time is no problem anymore! There were no accidents last night.

Jewel's trying to jump up on the couch, which is a little tall for her yet: she's figured out if she puts her paws on it we'll pull her up and she always does a little hop to help. I think it'll take another week or 2 to get a little bigger and a little stronger to be able to get there from her bed. She sure loves jumping down into her bed from the couch.


Her "sit" is very good. She's getting better with not mouthing. She is ferocious to her toys. She got comfortable going into the crate to eat. Her bed is in there now. Her digging instinct is becoming a problem: I don't want her to shred her bed, so I'm
going to look up a solution for that.

I think she's about to figure out she can dismember her toys. Last night we were all on the couch watching a movie and Ian kept wanting her to hang out next to him, but she kept moving to me. He was jealous!! He's making a point to come home for lunch. She's begun to expose her belly to me and likes the tickles.

She got a bath this morning. She's very good about letting me clean the goobers out of her eyes everyday, but I don't seem to be making much headway on the tear
stains short of putting tear stain lightener on it.


Day 7 Supplemental
OOOOh boy- Mom's been doing some reading about dominance and now knows she needs to change some of the games we've been playing.

We worked on some dominance exercises (pinning until she doesn't struggle, picking her up and staring at her, rolling her over onto her back). Also, mom's now deciding when Jewel gets to come onto the couch: it's not everytime she wants up. She was
incredulous: I heard 2 teensy-weensy peeps, but she went right off to sleep on her bed at my feet. She'll be a very well-behaved puppy.

I can't believe how easy it is to indulge her, I don't even have to think about it. I think the upside is it has made her bond to us easily.

We played "fetch, come, give" before this nap and she LOVED it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home