Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Jewel Gains Weight

Jewel has always been super skinny - probably a function of the fact that she runs and fetches constantly. To be honest, we have been jealous of all the meaty Shih tzus we see running around. To combat this, we started feeding the dogs raw meet.

The mix consisted of buffalo meet, vegetables, and pepporoni flavoring of some sort. Jewel likes the stuff, but Willow loves it. Jewel isn't that into food. I think because she doesn't want to be forced to do tricks. Willow knows that Jewel moves slow towards it, and wont defend it, so the trick is to keep Willow from inhaling her portion then Jewel's. I learned this because I feed Jewel a larger portion and Willow got in, sucked it down, and got out before I could react.

Having learned to give Willow her portion first, Jewel is able to enjoy hers. As a result, Jewel has gained weight. You can feel it when you pick her up. Mommy thinks she looks more beautiful as well.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to here Jewel is gaining weight. I don't ever see any other Shih Tzus in my neighborhood or anyway for that matter. But Angel weights 7 lbs, found out today. She got spayed yesterday, so I got her this morning. I want her to gain more weight but she wont. She will be 2 this March and has looked the same.......

9:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home