Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Bad Girls

Yesterday Daddy took the girls to the park. Actually it is the local Army cemtetary. We take them there almost everyday because we can let them off-leash without any concerns of tickets.

As you know, Willow is a barker. Anytime she hears other dogs or high squeals. Out of the blue, Willow started barking and took off towards the entrance. Jewel of course followed her. When in this mode, nothing you scream will get her to stop. Jewel responds to "let's go home" or "load up," but Willow keeps going. I had to chase her out the gate and down the road. Luckily the cars coming in both directions saw her, or me, and stopped until I was able to catch up. I can only imagine if they had not seen her.

As punishment, I took them straight home. I wish I could figure out what gets into her. It's similar to the middle of the night when she starts barking out of nowhere and runs for the doggy door.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Angel takes off running in the yard most of the time, but she chases birds and squirrels. The older they get, the more they change. My house got broken into a month and a half ago. Angel didn't bark before that but barks now, whenever someone knocks on the door. I haven't taken her for walks or anything, she is not leash trained and my back yard is an acre, so that is enough room for her.

8:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home